Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lenten Reflection - March 18, 2008 - Tuesday, Holy Week

“They heard I was groaning, with no one to comfort me.” - Lamentations 1:17-22

Reflection by Patti Sachs

[v.21: “People heard my groaning, but there was no one to comfort me.” But see v.20: “…in my heart I am disturbed, for I have been most rebellious…”]

I know in my heart when I am rebellious, not faithful or true, and I am feeling alone, like God has removed Himself from me; “…there is no one to comfort me…”. (I’ve heard that when I feel like God is far away, it’s not He that’s moved…it’s me!) God never leaves us. In Ch.3:19-23 we read “I remember…the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them and my soul is downcast…Yet this I call to mind…Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning. Great is thy faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.”

Thanks be to God!