Monday, March 14, 2011

Lenten Reflection - March 14, 2011

Where could I go to escape from your Spirit or from your sight? If I were to climb up to the highest heavens, you would be there. If I were to dig down to the world of the dead you would also be there…Or suppose I said, "I'll hide in the dark until night comes to cover me over." But you see in the dark because daylight and dark are all the same to you. (CEV)
Psalm 139:1–12


It is an extreme comfort to me, as I am reminded in this passage, that regardless of what I may be going through, I am always in the grasp of our loving Lord. As a child is afraid to take that first journey across a sidewalk without the security of training wheels, they do so anyhow knowing that they have the promise of their parents that they will be there in the event they lose balance. So we should remember without a doubt that when we step out beyond our safe footing in our journey that our Father will be there to catch us.

We must remember that our Lord is not only with us in troubled times but also with us in times of victory and celebration so we should never fall short in praising our Lord both in good times and bad.

In these uncertain and worrisome times, both in our nation and around the world, we should not forget that the Lord will help us if we so desire. Knowing this, we should approach these challenges the very way the Lord would have us do with peace, love, trust, and fairness, especially to those in need.

In closing, I can’t help but to wonder, with the assurance that our Lord is always with us, why then is it sometimes so hard to reach out to those less fortunate? Remember, we are to be the tools our Lord uses in spreading His love, concern, and PROTECTION.

Steven E. Dorsey