Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lenten Reflection - March 22, 2011

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
Luke 11:9–13


Luke 11:9-13 is a passage everyone can relate to, not only on one occasion, but several times a week if not every day. I think of all the times I have needed help in my life and was not bold enough to ask for it. And all of the times I have forgone asking the question in fear of being rejected or a bother. I am also one who sometimes keeps his eyes down, therefore not searching to find the answers to the tough questions. I’m not saying this is a bad thing, for it could be abrasive if everyone were to have their boldness trait turned on at all times—but to have the courage or the confidence to knock, ask or to search when something important is needed, would be something, I would think, everyone would want.

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be open for you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."

Trevor Perkins