Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lenten Reflection - April 9, 2011

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” … Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure. Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” … Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure.
Psalm 16


Praise, contentment, faith and trust abound in this entire psalm. It ends with these words, ‘You show me the path of life. In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures for evermore.’ What an uplifting song! Regardless of where we find ourselves today, the truth remains that God has chosen us. God wants us to be happy and whole. He wants our souls to rejoice. And not just for today – but for evermore.

As a husband and father, I want the best for my family. But I can’t be there for them all the time. So I want them to know that I love them and that I would do anything for them. God is trying to get that same message across to us. God wants to be in relationship with us. God wants us as a member of the family.

Let us lay whatever burdens we are carrying at the feet His son, our Savior, Jesus. Let us be truly thankful for being shown the path of life. Let our hearts be glad and our souls rejoice. For in God’s presence there is fullness of joy – not momentary, but forevermore.

Earl Buffaloe