Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lenten Reflection - February 21, 2015

It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20


The words of Paul from Galatians 2:20 and 21 of his letter to the churches of Galatia express the crux of Christianity as I believe it to be. All people will receive the unmerited divine gift of ever lasting life in God's Kingdom at their death, if they have faith that Jesus is the Son of God, who loves them and who died for them for the forgiveness of their sins by God, to provide the justification for God's gift of everlasting life in his Kingdom.

It is my belief that although Christ lived in Paul through Paul's actions to deliver knowledge of the Gospel to various people, it was Paul's faith that Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross for the forgiveness of his sins and the sins of the world which was the reason for God granting ever lasting life in God's Kingdom.

Jo Smith